I clicked on the video, sitting there watching listening trying to learn and get inspired when these words hit me like a tone of bricks. It’s something I never thought of, I’ve been working my whole life, saving, investing, trying to get close to retirement when Warren Buffets words sink in. “If you don’t find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die.”
We have all been told, work hard, get a good job, study, get promoted. Save, invest, spend less, get a side hustle, get out of debt. But all these things revolve around one key element. You have to work, trade hours of your time for cash. Time you can’t get back. I learned a long time ago, but for some reason, it evaded me, that the quickest way to get rich is to have people work under. Or better yet, have people or systems work for you.
Let me put it this way, put time in effort into things that give back in dividends. Be it an ebook, or online course that keeps putting money in your pocket well after the work to create it is done. Invest in companies that grow or increase their value because of demand. The hard part is finding things that other people value higher than the money they have earned.
My take is, passive income does not exist at the start, but things can cumulate into passive income. Say something enough for long enough and people will perceive you as an expert. Do something enough and you become an expert. Invest enough and you become an investor. See what I’m saying? Find something that you want, love or aspire to be, do that thing for long enough and people will come to you for advice, guidance, to learn or be entertained. And boom you have an audience, or better yet customers. Sell that thing your good at to them in such a way that you only have to do it once and you have passive income. Invest enough money in the right businesses and over time boom you have passive income.
All I know is that I value my time. And I don’t want to work for the man my whole life. I want my time back, I want my freedom, and money can give me that freedom. Not happiness, that’s another story, but the freedom to choose what I do with my time. That’s wealth.
Top 10 posts
- Why I got rid of my photography gear (revisited)
- Can better photography gear make you a better photographer?
- Why I only use one lens
- The internet is killing your photography
- 10 ways to develop your photographic style
- Find your Zen camera
- Film vs Digital, lets put it to the test
- How do I find my photography style?
- Camera fundamentals
- Are you a photographer or just a camera operator
- The only camera I need
- The Zen Photographer – Leica.com
- Can better gear make you a better photographer? – PetaPixel.com
- Why I got rid of my photography gear (revisited) – PetaPixel.com
- How to Find Your Photographic Style – PetaPixel.com
- Limiting your gear makes your photography better – DIYPhotography.net
- The ways of Zen photography – PetaPixel.com
- How to shoot minimalist photos – PetaPixel.com
- Internet addiction is killing your photography – DigitalRev.com
- Have I finally found the perfect camera? – DIYPhotography.net
- Are you a photographer or, just a camera operator – PetaPixel.com
- Why I got rid of my photography gear – PetaPixel.com
- Finding style and voice in photography – Leica.com
- Use deliberate practice to find your photographic style – PetaPixel.com
- Why I only use one lens – PetaPixel.com
- Your camera already has the most important – PetaPixel.com