I’m going to show you what gear I use. And I also want you to know that gear isn’t finite, it changes over time. And that all this gear that you see in front of you, sure it helps in capturing a picture but isn’t the end all be all. Gear, settings, controls, composition, are all concerns of the hobbyist and amateur. They are good to know and important but they aren’t what makes a picture great. The story, the meaning, the purpose is what makes an image.
And if you can’t get that through your head, you don’t understand or if your instant reaction is “Easy for you to say you have a Leica!” Then you will always have that mindset, and no gear in the entire world will ever be good enough for you to start. Because gear is finite, it’s evolving and getting better every day. And if your not happy with what you currently have then you’ll never be happy with what you get in the future, because there will always be something better.
Sorry, this is a short post but I get getting hate because of the gear I have. Like I’m rich or well off, where in reality I eat rice for lunch for 7 years to afford one Leica secondhand.
Top 10 posts
- Why I got rid of my photography gear (revisited)
- Can better photography gear make you a better photographer?
- Why I only use one lens
- The internet is killing your photography
- 10 ways to develop your photographic style
- Find your Zen camera
- Film vs Digital, lets put it to the test
- How do I find my photography style?
- Camera fundamentals
- Are you a photographer or just a camera operator
- The only camera I need
- The Zen Photographer – Leica.com
- Can better gear make you a better photographer? – PetaPixel.com
- Why I got rid of my photography gear (revisited) – PetaPixel.com
- How to Find Your Photographic Style – PetaPixel.com
- Limiting your gear makes your photography better – DIYPhotography.net
- The ways of Zen photography – PetaPixel.com
- How to shoot minimalist photos – PetaPixel.com
- Internet addiction is killing your photography – DigitalRev.com
- Have I finally found the perfect camera? – DIYPhotography.net
- Are you a photographer or, just a camera operator – PetaPixel.com
- Why I got rid of my photography gear – PetaPixel.com
- Finding style and voice in photography – Leica.com
- Use deliberate practice to find your photographic style – PetaPixel.com
- Why I only use one lens – PetaPixel.com
- Your camera already has the most important – PetaPixel.com