Compassion is accepting, accepting that someone is not ready, because they are dealing with something, and they are not willing to learn or hear. Wisdom can only be transferred when the student is ready to listen. Compassion is seeing the potential and being willing to wait for them.
The dictionary definition for Compassion is a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate that suffering. I feel that compassion is a bit more than that. A willing to wait, to see through someone else eyes. And to accept where someone is in life be it mentally or emotionally.
It’s very hard for some of us to feel empathy for someone or something we can’t relate to. However, if we can take a step back, everything on this earth desires to live, to feel love and compassion. I feel that we forget this, that everyone wants what is best for them, their families and their friends. If only we have the capacity to accept everyone for who they are without judgment, then we all might have a little more compassion in this world.
I have no idea how one might teach compassion, not everyone is ready to accept, believe or want it. We are all on different journeys, on different timelines in our lives. It’s a big ask for everyone to reach the same moment of understanding. And I would say if we all were at that point, the world we live in wouldn’t be very interesting without some adversity. This brings me back to acceptance and to accept the way things are. All we can do is keep in harmony with our own path and journey in this life. If some of us never have compassion for our fellow beings, then maybe in the next life they will reach it.
Top 10 posts
- Why I got rid of my photography gear (revisited)
- Can better photography gear make you a better photographer?
- Why I only use one lens
- The internet is killing your photography
- 10 ways to develop your photographic style
- Find your Zen camera
- Film vs Digital, lets put it to the test
- How do I find my photography style?
- Camera fundamentals
- Are you a photographer or just a camera operator
- The only camera I need
- The Zen Photographer – Leica.com
- Can better gear make you a better photographer? – PetaPixel.com
- Why I got rid of my photography gear (revisited) – PetaPixel.com
- How to Find Your Photographic Style – PetaPixel.com
- Limiting your gear makes your photography better – DIYPhotography.net
- The ways of Zen photography – PetaPixel.com
- How to shoot minimalist photos – PetaPixel.com
- Internet addiction is killing your photography – DigitalRev.com
- Have I finally found the perfect camera? – DIYPhotography.net
- Are you a photographer or, just a camera operator – PetaPixel.com
- Why I got rid of my photography gear – PetaPixel.com
- Finding style and voice in photography – Leica.com
- Use deliberate practice to find your photographic style – PetaPixel.com
- Why I only use one lens – PetaPixel.com
- Your camera already has the most important – PetaPixel.com